TIAPEI is pleased to announce our latest contest: “Capture the Island.” The photo contest is open to anyone with an image they think depicts our island. There will be three categories (Scenic, Island Life, Culinary), and the winner of each category will be given a $100 Discover Canada’s Food Island gift card. The top three photos of each category will be chosen by a committee, and the public will vote on a winner. There is no fee to enter the contest, and it is open to everyone above 18. The contest will run from May 25th, 2021 to June 25th, 2021. Winner will be announced June 30th, 2021.
Rules & Regulations
- Photograph must be taken on PEI.
- Must be your own photograph, submitted in original form (minor enhancements permitted, see detailed rules).
- Photograph must be submitted through the contest form located at www.tiapei.pe.ca (June 25, 2021 by 11:59 pm)
- Winners will be notified and made public through TIAPEI’s social media channels
- By submitting your photo, you are signing over all photo rights to TIAPEI.
The Fine Print
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame. Moderate digital adjustment (colour correction, cropping, sharpening, etc.) is acceptable, but any image with a watermark or signature will be automatically disqualified. All Participants will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so winning pictures can be published. Digital files must be at least 2MB in size. Maximum file size: 6MB
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest form. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be disqualified.
- The top three entries will be judged by TIAPEI. All decisions are final. TIAPEI reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules. The top three entries will then be voted on by the public in a poll.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by TIAPEI for advertising purposes and sign over all photo rights to TIAPEI.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
- The winner will be contacted via contact information provided on contest form. If no response is received after five business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- Must provide the location in your submission where the photo was captured to confirm that it is a photograph of Prince Edward Island.
- No person may win more than one prize. Only one winner per household is permitted. Winner must be a resident of Prince Edward Island.
- Photographs previously published in any print publication, in full or in part, will be disqualified.
- Before being awarded a prize, each winning photographer will be required to sign an agreement declaring that: (a) the photograph submitted is his or her original work; (b) the photograph was taken on Prince Edward Island, Canada; (c) the photograph now belongs to TIAPEI.
- Anyone who is over 18 is eligible to participate in the contest.